May 27, 2008


Happy Birthday to me!

Once again Jon did a fabulous job of finding me the perfect birthday gift. Since moving into our new place I haven't had a designated sewing area and I am eager to finish some projects. I've been looking for an antique sewing table for quite some time without much luck… they've either been too large, in terrible shape, too expensive or all of the above. Jon happened to find this beauty at a church tag sale; it just needs a little TLC.


The table is a nice compact size and the top lies flat when closed, but it opens up to reveal a generous workspace. I am curious to know how old this piece is, any idea?



Oddly enough, the attached sewing machine is in remarkably better shape than the actual table and came with several accessories. I've already purchased some stripper and a sander so that I can refinish the wood on my next sunny day off.

4 comments:

Devonshire said...

That looks awesome!! Best of luck with the TLC. I'm sure it will look stunning.

S. said...

Happy Birthday to you! Really a great gift!

Michele said...

I love it! I saw a few nice table machines at Brimfield (a huge quarterly antique flea market in Brimfield, MA).

Couch Guy said...

No Doubt The Best Tag Sale Score Of The Entire Day!